- Provide a balanced lunch, tea and daily snacks which include a platter of fruit. The children are given the choice of having milk or water to drink.
- Follow the children’s dietary needs. These are recorded and put up in the room so they are visible for the staff to see.
- Ensure all children wash their hands before meals and snacks
- Staff prompt children in exhibiting good manners at the table, encouraging them to say “please” and “thank you”.
- Encourage the children to make their own choices by serving up their own lunch, feeding themselves and pouring their own drinks.
- Encourage children to be social with their friends at the table.
- Encourage children who refuse to eat their meals.
- Give more time for children who are slow eaters to eat their meals – they will not be rushed.
- Take portion sizes into account regarding each individual child’s needs.
- Provide access to fresh drinking water for all of the children throughout the course of the day.
Little Engineers Summer 2019 Menu
Please click on the image below to see the full menu for the 3 weeks.
The menu above is generalised. For more details of the ingredients and allergens included in the Yum Yum lunch menu, please see the different menus below for each dietary requirement.