We take the safety of the children very seriously here at Little Engineers Nursery.
- The building is secured and the only people that can get into the nursery have a fob. All visitors entering the premises, have a duty of care towards the welfare and safety of the children and staff.
- We have 3 security doors to enter the Nursery room.
- All visitors must sign in and out of the Nursery at the reception area. All visitors will be issued with a badge which should be worn and be visible at all times. All visitors must be accompanied by a member of staff at all times unless otherwise advised.
- All staff have an enhanced DBS check, have full relevant qualifications and have taken training in child protection, safeguarding and paediatric first aid.
- Adults who have not been seen before by staff will be asked for your memorable word (password) and will be asked to see a photographic form of I.D. If the password is wrong the child’s parents will be contacted immediately.
- We carry out daily risk assessments - one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- We have a fire alarm system built in where we do regular fire alarm testing.